TORS Surgical equipment gives surgeons unmatched precision and much faster cycle times in comparison to heavier traditional longitudinal ultrasound systems.
Engineered by the pioneers of torsional ultrasound in keyhole surgery TORS offers a complete revision system with a single soft tissue channel and two cement removal channels.
- We have designed a durable solution to the problem of autoclave sterilisation of a handpiece with active power switch.
- The two-part TORS cement handset comprises:
- Inner transducer – a simple switchless canister with robust seals.
- Outer handpiece – a lightweight, ergonomic, single use plastic handle with comfy annular switch accessible at all angles.
- The soft tissue transducer is a completely reusable device that will enable haemostatic skin and muscle incisions equivalent to monopolar diathermy but running much cooler and therefore smoke-free yet with better bleeding control.
- The soft tissue transducer can be used in primaries as well.
- The new Longitudinal-torsional Piercer Probes enable the most efficient means for impact-free cement removal. The unique 4mm head is designed to penetrate the toughest, low friction cement plugs in use.
- The Longitudinal-torsional combination-mode ultrasound offers the best of both technology worlds with newly patented acoustic designs to maximise energy delivery efficiency and therefore ease of cement removal, reducing time and stress.
- The impedance mismatch between titanium and bone means that TORS stops cutting and squeals on bone contact in the same way as longitudinal ultrasound systems.
Radley Scientific has a strong track record in the field of surgical ultrasound; we are the team that introduced the innovative Lotus system to laparoscopic surgeons.
Our ultrasonic engineers have over seventy years hard won experience in surgical ultrasonics. Combined with a knowledge of product design, operating theatre and surgical usability, manufacturing, quality system, CE, MDD, MDR and FDA compliance, sales, after-sales support and working with the NHS we are in a perfect position to supply and support TORS.
The team is backed by cutting edge computer simulation technology that allows the rapid and reliable development of innovative ultrasonic solutions. This coupled with a modern machine shop which quickly produces prototypes for trial along with accurate and reliable components for production.
This powerful combination allows us to rapidly react and innovate to satisfy the most demanding of surgeons needs whilst ensuring the safety and rapid recovery of their patients.
A video library describing some of the finer setup details can be found here: Video Library